I WAS JUST IN A CAR ACCIDENT. WHAT DO I DO NOW?
- Exchange insurance information with other driver(s) and ask witnesses for names, addresses and phone numbers (try to get home, work and mobile).
- Take pictures of the accident with your mobile device.
- Get the responding officer’s name and a case number.
- Do NOT leave the scene of the accident before the police arrive.
- Do NOT admit fault or discuss the accident with bystanders or witnesses.
After you get home, report the accident to your insurance company and then call us for your free consultation to learn your rights and determine whether you have a case.
WHAT IF I CAN’T AFFORD AN ATTORNEY?
Our attorneys will provide you with a free consultation to assess your situation. If we decide to take your case it will be on a “contingency” basis, meaning that we won’t get paid unless you win.
CAN’T I JUST ATTEMPT TO SETTLE MY CLAIM WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY?
Yes, but you may not receive the same compensation for your losses as you would if you were represented by an experienced personal injury attorney. Insurance companies know that unrepresented parties are usually not aware of the full value of their claims and will generally make settlement offers that are significantly less than those claims are worth. However, once an attorney is involved, an insurance company must consider the risks of litigation, the expenses of a trial, and the quality of representation provided by opposing counsel when determining the amount of money to offer on a claim. The value of a claim goes up when the insurance company knows that there is a threat of litigation, which is present when a respected car accident lawyer is representing you.